Confirmation Class for post B'nai Mitzvah Students
5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. monthly
Discussion group with Rabbi David Degani
Two year program for 8th and 9th graders. Students may also elect to continue through 12th grade.
Discussion Topics include what Judaism says about:
· Tattoos and Body Piercing ethics
· Drug and Alcohol use and abuse, Suicide
· Christianity, Islam and other Religions
· Prejudice and Anti-Semitism
· Treatment of animals - Kaddish for a dog?
· The nature of the soul… & other topics relevant to our teens’ lives today.
*Students may also join the Tutoring program to teach Hebrew to younger students or be a Teacher's Assistant in Judaica. This can be done for Community Service.